I have come back to this thread to see how the comments rolled and to put the EduCon effect in a different perspective. I teach kindergarten children and what I notice about the often intense teaching/learning experience is:
1. every year brings new personalities to the classroom and thus new angles to view the world of learning
2. every interaction between teacher and student is personalized
3. every student needs to learn WHY something is and not simply THAT it is
4. every child needs to recognize their own growth
5. every student needs to be encouraged to do their very best
We’ll not become a 1-1 laptop school in the foreseeable future but having high expectations for student performance translates into our own success. I like having success as a goal. SLA views learning with high expectations for student performance and therefore they get it.
.-= Gail Poulin´s last blog ..News February 5, 2010 =-.